Business Exit Planning Services
For those families for whom most of their wealth resides within a family owned business or operating company, statistics show that only 20% to 30% of those businesses that go to market actually sell; leaving 70-80% of these families without solid options to harvest the wealth of their business and ensure economic continuity into the next generation.
Exit Planning is simply good business strategy. It combines a plan, concept, effort, and process into a clear, simple strategy; to build a business that is transferable through strong human, structural, customer, and social capital. The future of you, your family, and your business are addressed by exit planning through creating value today.
FOCUS Wealth Advisors can be a integral component of any holistic business exit planning team. As part of this team we will help to coordinate with your tax, legal, and investment banker advisors so as to align your business, personal and financial goals while building transferable value into your company. Developing a well-thought our exit planning strategy allows families to be prepared to capitalize on a business transition - whether planned or unplanned.
A proper exit planning team will help business owners as well as company executives to .......
- Understand the value of their business - both tangible and intangible,
- Determine how ready and attractive their company is currently,
- Identify the business owners value gap, growth gap and profit gap,
- Identify the range of values of a company; what is it worth today and what is is potentially worth,
- Understand the various exit options and how they apply to the company and exit goals,
- Better understand the connection between business, personal and financial goals, and
- Develop an advisory team who, alongside their internal business team, works to collaborate on common goals